We all wish to have our dream home, but what we may not realize is that a dream home can be made with small changes in the details of our houses.
The very first step to creating an impression and making your dream home just the perfect place to seek solace starts with the front door.
The front of your home speaks volumes about your style, taste, preferences for living, and depicts the person you are. The entry into your house through which visitors are welcomed is also perceived as a gateway to your heart.
Choosing the right door hardware adds to your interior decor, enhances the curb appeal, creates a good first impression on welcoming guests, exudes sophistication in lifestyle and living and provides better security. Wow! All of that from a few pieces of well designed metal!
Appropriately chosen door hardware grabs instant attention and adds more value to your home. There are a myriad of products available in gold, silver, or bronze finishes.
Knobs and push locks are available in the market which may make the decision making process a little overwhelming. On selecting knockers affixed along with knobs, you can add flare and grace to the regular door.
When it comes to door hardware, even choosing the right hinges does matter as they allow you to open and close with ease and without that terrible screeching sound.
Reasons to Get New Door Hardware
1. The first one being security. Safety and security is a primary need of every human. Hence locks and tough equipment is needed for your front door. Strong hardware can be beautiful too.
2. The other most important reason being the need for design that can create wonders by adding grace to overall curb appeal of your home. You want the front of your house and your entryway to be maintained and beautiful and strong.
Before choosing appropriate door hardware, there are some important factors that need to be considered like:
1. The type of door you have (does it swing open or slide), the height, measurement of the knob and width, all play a vital role in the decision making process for purchasing new door hardware.
2. Look around for the latest trends and fittings in door hardware to accessorize your door.
3. The door should not be difficult to open or handle. Attention should be paid to special needs for a round knob, a lever handle, or a traditional entry set with thumb press.
4. Besides the handle and lock, there is so much you can do to dress up your front door: knocker with viewer, peephole with 160 and 180 degree, aluminum closer, chain guard with key, push plate, kick plate with screws, pull plate, ring bolts, beauty plates, spring and solid door stops, adapter plates, swing bar guards, spring loaded hinges, door fillers and knob guards. Whew! Just one or two of these can really make your entry shine.
Door hardware is available in a variety of materials, styles and finishes. Understand the importance of door hardware and create an everlasting impression on friends and family while you secure your home.